Chetan Sharma resigns as BCCI chief selector | Cricket News

[ad_1]

MUMBAI: 48 hours after a sting operation by a private news channel saw him make several loose comments, BCCI’s chief selector Chetan Sharma on Friday resigned from his post. “His position became untenable. He had to go,” a BCCI official told TOI.
In a sting operation by Zee News, which was aired on Tuesday, February 14, Sharma, a former India pacer who played 23 Tests and 65 ODIs in which he picked 128 wickets, had allegedly made some bizarre comments about Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Hardik Pandya, former Indian captain and ex-BCCI president Sourav Ganguly and several other Indian players.
The 57-year-old revealed behind the scenes talk like team selection, his internal discussions with India coach Rahul Dravid and Kohli and spoke about the alleged rift between Kohli and Ganguly. He also said that a lot of the Indian cricketers use injections when they are 80-85% to speed up their return to international cricket. Sharma also revealed that he had differences with the team management over injured pacer Jasprit Bumrah’s return from a stress fracture for the T20I series against Australia in September.
Sharma had been reinstated as chief selector in January this year after the BCCI had sacked the entire panel in November 2022 in the wake of India‚Äôs exit in the semifinals of the T20 World Cup. India’s selection panel now comprises Salil Ankola, SS Das, Subroto Banerjee and S Sharath. The BCCI is likely to appoint a new chairman of the selection committee soon.



[ad_2]

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *