- Punjab budget allocates Rs 9,331 crore for free power in the state; Rs 7,780 crore for power subsidy to domestic consumers.
- Budget allocates Rs 5 crore to create a brand image and publicity campaigns for tourism sector in the state
- Rs 4,781 crore allocated for health and family welfare, which is 11 per cent more than the previous year
- Punjab FM
Harpal Singh Cheemaproposes Rs 567 crore for transport sector. It’s 42% more than the previous year
- Rs 3,319 crore allocated for rural development and panchayats i.e. an increase of 11% over the previous year
- Punjab FM proposed budgetary outlay of Rs 10,523 crore for police and law and order, which is an increase of 11% than last year. Rs 30 crore proposed for effectively combating cyber crime.
- Rs 15 crore proposed for upgradation and for setting up of two new galleries of War Memorial Complex in Amritsar
- An outlay of Rs 3,751 crore has been provisioned for fiscal incentives to industries, which is an increase of 19% over last year
- Rs 200 crore proposed in FY 2023-24 for upgradation of the schools into Schools of Eminence
- Rs 1,96,462 crore budget for 2023-24. Effective capital budget expenditure up by 22 per cent over the last year.